I have a grand memory for forgetting
Picture this- You spend months planning for your event, you gave out (printed or digital or both) amazing invites, you had your guests RSVP their attendance, you made all the F&B and seating arrangements. You dressed up in your best event-appropriate attire, waiting at the venue to welcome your guests.
Only to learn that very few of the your ‘confirmed’ guests actually turned up!
Why did this happen? Later (when you are sober), you check with your guests, why they could not attend the event.
Responses vary from Oh, I forgot! to Oops, I thought the event was next month.
Modern lives are extremely busy. Everyone is caught up with a zillion things to do and bazillion places to be at. Even with electronic reminders, keeping track of day-to-day appointments is hard enough. It is unrealistic to expect others to remember events that our important to us, but are months away.
How do we work around this situation?
Tada! Gumtoo Stickers presents a brilliant idea- Save-the-date Stickers!
What are Save-the-Date Stickers?
As the name suggests, these are stickers that mention the date of your event, along with some of the event details. You can send these stickers along with the formal invite, or you can send stickers ahead of the invite.
For example, check this sticker announcing a wedding
What should you keep in mind when designing Save-the-date stickers?
1. Your stickers should be fun and colorful. Design an attractive sticker which your potential guests will love to stick on their laptops, refrigerators etc. For personal events, it is a great idea to get stickers with your photos on it.
2. Mention the date of the event prominently, and the type of event. Else the entire purpose of the stickers is lost.
3. You can choose small save-the-date stickers which your guests can stick on their wall-calendars. Bear in mind that most people today rely on digital calendars, so they may not have printed ones. It is better to go for larger stickers which guests can put on their gadgets. Better still, you can choose and send both types of stickers!
4. If your sticker has subtle cuts and delicate designs on the borders, you should go in for kiss-cut stickers. These stickers have an additional sticker backing, apart from the custom-cut of the sticker and can be easily peeled out of the backing material.
Die-cut stickers are cut to the exact shape of the design, and the sticker backing is exactly the shape of the sticker. In other words, there is no extra backing around the stickers. People prefer die-cut stickers because they are attention grabbing, have a great visual affect and a premium appearance.
When should you use Save-the-Date Stickers?
For personal events involving friends and family such as announcing your engagement/wedding/anniversary party/baby-shower/class-reunions:
Your guests will be delighted to receive your save-the-date stickers well in advance of the event. This way they can paste the stickers prominently at places where they are least likely to forget, and get ample time to plan for gifts.
2. For corporate events such as Dinner & Dance, Training Events, Offsite, Annual Parties:
This is a great idea to add the fun factor in corporate events. Your sticker will serve as a reminder of the event, way after it is over.
If you have an upcoming event, do not forget to send out your save-the date stickers. Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for interesting ideas and designs on save-the-date stickers. We print premium quality stickers at reasonable cost with short lead times.
With save-the-date stickers, we are sure your event will be well-attended and super successful. All the very best!